Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some musings!




As I have been following what has happened in a hospital room in Texas I can't help think about little Chrissie. How her life has been nothing short of a miracle since the day she was born...and the miracles are continuing right up to this moment. But the biggest difference is she now has a family to sit by her side as her tiny body fights and fights to stay alive. What a story of adoption, of a family's selfless love for their new daughter, of a daughters love for a family she has only known for 6 short months. And of God who loves them all. I am overwhelmed with it all but grateful for the opportunity to follow along..watching one miracle after another.

I can't help but think of our sweet friend Grace..who left us this past November. How her short life had touched so many people and continues to do so. Grace's family will be traveling soon to China..to bring home their daughter Isabella. This adoption was started before Grace got sick and the family decided to go ahead and continue....because Grace had so touched their lives.

And I think of Sierra,,and what the future holds for her...and how in the space of one year she has brought such joy to so many people. I can't imagine our lives without her in it. I think about her past and hope that the wounds are not too deep. She is healing..that I know. But because there is so little I don't know its hard to predict how bad the scars will be. We see glimpses of the hurt. We see little snapshots of life in the orphanage. This week has been hard on me..she has pushed me away more times than I can count. All she wants is her Daddy.( I don't blame her...he is an awesome father!!!) I know its normal, I know she is testing and I tell her its OK, I love you. Today was better. We are together all day and I love every minute but I have to be the one to say "no" or to correct an unwanted behavior. But tonight she said Mama, I love you and I love Daddy!

5 comments:

  1. Attachment requires so much patience doesn't it? Hugs to you, because you deserve them, and because you know that Sierra is worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how hard it is to parent a child who has hurts--known and unknown. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could erase the first 8 years of my adopted son's life. But God can not only heal our children, He can restore them to a place that they are stronger because of their broken beginnings.

    Hang in there on those days of testing. If it makes you feel any better, my bio daughters went through a time that they only wanted their dad. (And now that they are older, they really need me.)

    Sierra's precious, right down to her cute little toes!

    Much Love,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathie, you know she loves you both equally. You are with her more during the day. She is such a cute little girl and I enjoyed talking with her the other day...she has a big heart and so do you! We are so blessed with our little princesses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathie, you know she loves you both equally. You are with her more during the day. She is such a cute little girl and I enjoyed talking with her the other day...she has a big heart and so do you! We are so blessed with our little princesses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathie, I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog b/c I had lost your blog. I am putting it back on my sidebar now. When I took all of the blogs off I lost so many! I just needed to get a fresh bloggy start. Anyway, yours is one I want to keep visiting!

    I am so sorry about your friends. I hope this comes out right in a blog comment, but my Dad has always said death comes in threes. You know, I always thought it was sort of weird for him to say it … and yet it seems like this does happen. Still as you say, though they are in a better place, it is incredibly hard on family and friends left behind. {{{HUGS}}}

    And about the attachment, I am SO THERE. I can so relate. S still pushes me away. it has been a LONG process and I doubt will ever be *done*. She has such a hard time with trust and also gets so upset when I have to correct her. Unfortunately, she has picked us some *sassy* moves from her two brothers and now I'm having to correct those.

    *sigh* The hard work is so worth it! And BTW, I love these photos. She is so beautiful. Love the sweet feet too!

    ReplyDelete