Thursday, September 17, 2009

Meeting with John!

This picture cracks me up because Sierra was sitting on David's lap. Just as I was snapping the picture of John and Scott, she stuck her head in!!
She had to be in this one as well!


Next she wanted to crawl on Johns lap!!! I really do think she remembered him!

hugging John goodbye!!




"Talking" on the phone while we were waiting for dinner!




All of us!!




While we were in China we met another couple from our agency who were also getting their daughter from Guangdong Province. It meant that we would be traveling together the whole time. Well we all just hit it off. We wound up spending most of our time together and loving every minute of it. On Forever Family Day we took videos for each other and shared the moments we received into our families our wonderful daughters. It turned out that when we got to the hotel our rooms were tight next to each other. Diane and I talked about everything and it was as if we had known each other for ages. I remember David asking me if we would ever see them again and I said I certainly hoped so but no distance could ever change what we had shared. You see, we live in New York and they live in Wisconsin. Not an easy day or even weekend trip. Well imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks ago I received an email from John stating he had a business trip in Sept. and would be 2 hours away. Would we be interested in meeting him 1/2 way for dinner? Oh my gosh yes!!!! So tonight we drove and met John. I can't tell you how wonderful it was. I only wish Diane, Julia and Evan could have been there too (but don't worry Diane you were there in spirit!!!) Normally David would have had a football game tonight but since there is none he could go with us!!!! Thank you john for thinking of us and yes we will get together again. friendships like these are truly a blessing and we will never forget them!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Now that's cool! What great photos!! And by the way, thank you for your encouraging comment on my last post about the soccer game... I really needed that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how cool that you were able to visit with John! I so wish we can have a travel group reunion some day. We got to see Ray, Leslie and baby Isabella when they were in town on vacation and it was so nice to connect with a family from our China travels.

    Donna :)

    ReplyDelete