Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blueberries....Yummy!




2 weekends ago, Scott, Sierra and I went to the farm I work at to pick blueberries. I had to work that Sunday but we went an hour early so we can pick. It was a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny . My kind of summer day! As I have said before the scenery around this farm is breathtaking. It is located in a valley between 2 mountain ranges so wherever you look you see mountains... and open fields. The blueberries are high bush so you don't have to bend down to pick them. Sierra did awesome. She almost picked a whole pint just herself. She took some of Daddy's to top hers off. We have made a blueberry crisp and blueberry pancakes so far. We will go soon and pick some more to freeze. Blueberries are VERY good for you..... very high in antioxidants!!! I am so lucky to have these opportunities with Sierra. These are the things that will become traditions and lifelong memories. I can't wait until the corn is ready.. and then pumpkins!! They also have UPick fresh flowers and I so love fresh flowers in my house!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment