Saturday, April 23, 2011

Onion skin egg dying!!


I remember doing this with my grandmother. I don't remember if she wrapped them in onion skins or just boiled down the skins to make a dye. Anyway Sierra and I did it this way and they turned out great!!



Wrapping the skins around the egg


                                                             Wrapping them in cheese cloth
                                                                Heating up in the pot
                                                                     Unpeeling them
                                                            Beautiuful marbelized color
                                                             Finished!
This was so much fun.  Sierra did great and she placed most of the skins on the eggs herself.  We had much fun unwrapping them.  Each one was didfferent! I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment: