Some of the things I have been educated on!
1. You can certainy, absolutely,not even a thought about it, love your adopted child as much as the chilren you gave birth to!! (For those of you wondering and maybe thinking....)
2. 50 is not too old to become a parent to a 3 year old. Yes, I am a bit more tired at the end of the day, but oh what a wonderful, accomplished tired it is!!
3. Staying home with your child as long as you can is the best thing for your child. ( I already knew that, but the time I got to spend home with Sierra has been a bit more of a financial sacrifice then when I was home with the boys. Still, I wouldn't have traded it for anything!!)
4. Your family will love and accept your daughter without a thought. To my familiy and to Scott's...you ROCK!!!
5. Love can transform!!!
6. Gentle words, not harsh, loud ones, are heard much more clearly!
7. Short, shaved hair WILL eventually grow into long beautiful hair!!!
8. Although we may not think of orpanange life as a great life, your daughter will tell you that the kids were her family and she misses them.
9. You have to be patient! (Sierra's words on many occasions. And ,yes, some of the time I was thinking I was exhibiting huge amounts of patience...but you can always be a little more. I hope she teaches this lesson, in a polite way, to her teachers once she starts school!!)
10. Big, tough boys( OK so they are really men!) can turn into big mushes when a cute little sister enters their lives!
11. Laughter IS always the best medicine.
12. One learns by asking questions...many,.... many, .....MANY, questions!
13. Girls are born with a fashion sense!! Just the other day Sierra asked me if I had any dresses. When I asked why she replied "Becasue I think it would be nice if you wore a dress to my gymnastics today. You should look nice." No, I didn't put on a dress, but I did change out of my yucky jeans and put on a nicer pair...with a nicer shirt!
14. GOD is soooo good!!!
So on this 2 year anniversary, as the snow continues to fall, I am again reminded of the many blessings that have been bestowed on me. I will never forget our journey to China.... the places we saw , the people we met and the friends we made. And I will thank God every day for giving me the opportunity to be "Mom" to this very special little girl who I am honored to call my daughter!