Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sierra's Baptism and a Celebration of an Engagement

Sunday wa a very emotonal day for me.  We had Sierra baptized at our church  Since she was older then the infants my other children were when they were baptized, I really wanted her to understand what it was aboutm hence why we didn't so it sooner.  She was excited, especiallly to have all her brothers and Pop Pop and her Aunt and Uncle and cousin, and other friends who came to witness this special event. The moment where I stood and promised to raise this child as a believer in Christ and all He stands for , was a special moment indeed.  4 other children were baptized and our Pastor had tears in his eyes as he laid his hands on eavh child's head.  He has always said baptisms were his most favorite..  Sierra looked beautiful and even sang a duet with the pastors wife.  Sierra has always said she wanted to sing with her and we thought Sunday would be a good time.  She was nervous but stood up in front of the entire church and sang Jesus Loves Me.  It brought tears to many eyes, including my own.  It is not lost on me that if she had stayed in China she may never have learned about Jesus at all! 

In the afternoon we attended an engagement party held in honor of my son Paul and his fiance Jenn.  Again it was a wonderful time.  A day spent with so much family is always top notch in my book.  They radiated happiness and we are so excited for them.  The wedding will be next October..a fall wedding...my favorite!!
 
Here are some pics

 Pastor Paul
 Our friends the Kelly's who are Sierra's godparents

 My favorite 'from the back" photo


 Paul and Jenn
All the boys and girls!

2 comments:

  1. Can only imagine how sweet of a service that was. Congratulations on Sierra's baptism - what a wonderful day indeed!

    Congrats on the engagement too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful occasion. Congratulations to Sierra! A special family day!

    ReplyDelete