Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catching up....again!!

A picture from early summer. It is hard to get Sierera to smile a natural smile. For some reason she was really laughing when I took these pictures. I just love it!!!



Summer is such a busy time. My six week summer camp program has come and gone. What a delight it was to spend my days at our town park with 40 or so kids from ages 6 to 13 and the high school counselors who work with me. My friends Linda and Annabel have been working with me for the past 10 years or so. I started at this camp when my son Tim was 10 months old and now he is almost 27 years old. I took a few years off but not many!! The best part is that Sierra gets to come with me.She learned many things watching the older kids. She watched them and watched them until she could make her own lanyards. There were 4th a 5th graders who couldn't get the hang of it but she persevered until she could. Its a half day program so we still have time to do real fun summer things! Sierra has learned pretty much how to swim on her own. Its amazing to watch her!!

David competed in his last year as a 4H er in the County Fair. It seems like just yesterday that he was watching his older brothers and couldn't wait to show his own cows. It has been fun and a great learning experience or him. He will miss the excitement of spending a week at the fair!


Sierra is all set to start pre school in the fall. I can't believe the time is here already. I don't have to return to work unitl January 31 so we will still have lots of time to have fun in the afternoons. I am thrilled that I get to spend another Fall home. I will be working part time at the farm while she is in school but that is as much fun as it is work. Today I worked 4 hours and Sierra came with me. How blessed am I that I can take her to work!!!
Our friends jsut returned home from China with a sweet little girl who turned 2 on Sunday. This family has suffered a loss that is most unimagineable but through God's grace, has adopted another little girl. We look forward to spending lots of time with their family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment