Sunday, November 13, 2011

How great is my love...



During the past month or so I have been thinking about and rejoicing over the wonderful family that God has blessed me with.  The day of Paul and Jenn's wedding was a day I will never forget.  A I watched my sons and my precious daughter...my heart over flowed with love for them all.  Our family also officially grew that day with Jenn becoming our daughter in law...but she had already been included in our hearts.  Many people came to me that day..telling me how special the relationship between my boys is.  And how sweetly they treat their little sister.  The love I feel for them is like nothing else.  The unconditional, no matter what, even though you are all so different, kind of love.  As I look at pictures from that day...I see it...I feel it ...all over again...an amazing love I feel for my family.













I used to wonder about the idea of God sacrificing his child for us.  I thought I wasn't Christian enough because I knew I could never sacrifice any of my children for anything.  I would give my life for them in an instant but I could never send them to die.  Well this 52 year old brain finally had her light bulb moment!!  I was at our church Women's group meeting the other night and we start with a  devotional.  My friend was reading scriptures that told us how  much God loved us.  "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son"   And then..... I ...finally...got...it!  God doesn't want us to sacrifice our children.  What he saying is this'''Hey you parents...you know how much you love your children...you love them so much you would do anything for them???  You put them first ...you protect them, guide them, teach them etc.   Well guess what...I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE THAN THAT!!!!"  All of us...every day...every hour...every minute...every second of our lives  God loves us... more than we can ever imagine.  Wow...and so to my children I say this...you all know how much I love you...how you have blessed me every day of your lives...how parenting all of you has been my greatest joy..how I have been so proud of what you have accomplished..but you know what...God loves you even more!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I was just like you, felt I was not a good enough Christian, well still feel like that, but now.I.get.it!
    The wedding pics are great!
    Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed. Look at all of those beautiful faces! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete